OMRON PLC Modbus RTU via Protocol Macro

psycho1o1

Hello Guys,

I have a packaging machine in the company that I work for that have 8 Omron VFDs (3G3MV ) that are controlled via Modbus with CJ1M PLC 13 and SCU41-V1 Communication card. Upon studying the program I saw that the drive commands are sent through Protocol Macro configuration. I have attached the PLC program and the protocol file.

Since 3G3MV Drives are no longer available I am trying to change the drives to either Omron 3G3MX2 or Altivar 12 Drives. I managed to run the Altivar drives with Modbus RTU through Modbus poll software and I am trying to learn how the Protocol Macro works.

Can someone please explain to me how protocol macro is configured in this specific application.

Thank you very much
I have attached some images for your reference below.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot-2.png

Screenshot-3.png

Screenshot-4.png

Screenshot-5.png

Screenshot-6.png