Omron PLC to C-More HMI communication

Hi All.

Did you ever solved this issue?
I am experiencing the exact same issue right now. I am using a CP1H, but need to test with a CPM2 since CP1H needed to be returned to machine. My HMI is a EZ AUTOMATION EZ3, which shown me PLC TIMEOUT. I am testing with a CMORE EA7 and also giving me the same problem and from this point I am not sure that there is not cable issue (both EZ3 and EA7 uses same pinout) but with PLC settings. Both PLC are set to factory values for HOSTLINK. Does any one enlight me about this issue?

Regards
David

Unfortunately, due to time, we were forced to abort this project and forgo the addition of the HMI. If you are able to get positive results on this, please post a response here and let us know what you did in case we revisit this project in the future.

Good Luck!

Lesley,
Have you checked your PLC logging with the PC ?
whenever you are stuck in communication with HMI, PLC, VFD or Servo or any other Industrial automation product I suggest you to please communicate it with PC. If it get communicated and you are able to view the DATA on PC then it makes sure that your wiring is OK and the protocol that you are looking for is OK.

Secondly, then HIT for the PLC, cross check the wiring and its Protocl being the same as that of the HMI with different Station Address.
Then look for the driver of OMRON PLC in the HMI and select the same as controller.
If not available then go for Modbus, its an open protocol.

for any further reference please feel free to ask :)

I had this issue and solved it. Assuming you have the right cable - set your PLC settings for port 1 (or 2) to have the default comm settings and host link protocol. Set your PLC dip switch to custom settings for whichever port you're using. Cycle the PLC. Set your CMore HMI communication for FINS Serial, NOT host link. This worked for me after I accidentally discovered it.

I had to make a cable, not much documentation for this. Pretty standard, TX to RX and link the grounds. PLC is a CP1H and HMI is an EA7-T10C. I had access to all data registers in the CMore development area unlike when I used Hostlink. I was able to read W, D, and IO.