Omron PLC to C-More HMI communication

65B47EA3-466B-40D2-B72F-45C970C753FD_zpswselga9v.jpg

The processor pictured does not use W bits.

There are two IR areas designated as work bit areas.
Channels 020 - 049 and 200 - 227.

Can you attached the program?
You should be able to create a .zip file and attach.

Due to confidentiality issues, we are unable to send you the program - sorry. I will do my best to explain things as well as possible. What made us think that we were using Working bits, is: Under "Symbols" for our program, we will have an input or output Name, the Type BOOL, Address/Value of 0.00 or 10.01 for example, Usage type which are all called Work.

But when we open the PLC Memory Map and select IR, there is nothing in the table. Column one shows IR000, IR010, and so on and each row goes from 0 to 10. Each cell is empty. If we are to using the IR area as you mentioned above, how do we correlate these things together when cross referencing our HMI tags to a specific PLC address?

Both of us have RSLogix 500 and 5000 programming experience and a couple of others, but I have done no Omron programming before. Not much support for these older PLCs out there. Any help you can give us is much appreciated!!!

Guessing you are looking at the PLC Memory from the left side tree menu. This is actual memory value, not usage.

From the View pull down, choose Cross Reference Report.
When that screen opens, choose Usage Overview for the report type, then Memory Area IO, then Generate.
This will show what addresses are used, how many times and if they have a symbol name (D).

The Details Usage report will show every program location for the address.

Hope this helps.

Reference post # 20 above.

With no values in the cells, sounds like Monitoring was not turned on, or you were not Online with the plc.

What version of CX-Programmer are you using.
See Help, About for version number.

We are using V 3.51.03

We are still working on it, but have to go for the day. I am going to hook up live with the plc tomorrow and keep trying.

Thanks for all your help so far!

That is a really old version of CX-Programmer.
Current version is 9.52.

Some features may not be the same.
Been a long time since I worked with that version.

CX-Programmer Version 2.0 was released around 2000-2001 time frame. I don't remember if that version had the on screen Cross Reference Report. You should be able to print a cross reference, if the on screen option is not available.