Omron Syswin 3.4 counter & timer

piggy

Hi
I am a beginner of PLC. I am running Syswin 3.4 on C200H PLC.
I am trying to use counters a Timer. The reference says that when counting or timing is done, then the "completion flag" will be set. Whereabout is the completion flag and how can I make use of it to control an output.
Thanks for helping.

Hi
I am a beginner of PLC. I am running Syswin 3.4 on C200H PLC.
I am trying to use counters a Timer. The reference says that when counting or timing is done, then the "completion flag" will be set. Whereabout is the completion flag and how can I make use of it to control an output.
Thanks for helping.

Use a Contact either Normally Open (N/O) or Normally Closed (N/C). Then for the Address use the Timer or Counter Number. i.e. TIM001 or CNT002 etc.

Stu......

Thanks. I have tried to use contacts CNT001 and TIM001. CNT001 works well. TIM001 can be defined, but it just goes up and down with its input. There is no timing action. For more advanced counter and timer CNTR(12) and TIMH(15), the contacts cannot even be defined.

Thanks. I have tried to use contacts CNT001 and TIM001. CNT001 works well. TIM001 can be defined, but it just goes up and down with its input. There is no timing action. For more advanced counter and timer CNTR(12) and TIMH(15), the contacts cannot even be defined.

Do you have a preset in BCD in the Timer Instruction? The Completion Flags for those instructions are still addressed as TIM and CNT with their number. Exactly which Omron PLC are you using? Full catalog number and CPU Version please.

Stu.....

I have present TIM001 to 30 (3 sec). I am using Omron Sysmac C200H PLC, with a input unit ID212 and Output Unit )C222.
Cheers:ROFLMAO:

I have present TIM001 to 30 (3 sec). I am using Omron Sysmac C200H PLC, with a input unit ID212 and Output Unit )C222.
Cheers:ROFLMAO:

The PLC will be something like C200H, C200HE, C200HG, or C200HS under the Device Settings. Then under the Settings Tab beside it, it will tell you the CPU type. i.e. 01 to 31. Under CX-Programmer, you Double Click on the PLC Name in the Project Tree. It has been so long since I used Syswin that I am not sure it is the same, but there will be something to set the PLC Type and Version. You should be able to get the information of the PLC CPU as well.

Stu....

With the C200H you cannot use the same number for counters and timers - they share the same area.
I would start allocationg timers from '0' up and counters from '511' down and then you will not duplicate the same number.
Have not used one of the old girls for years.

With the C200H you cannot use the same number for counters and timers - they share the same area.
I would start allocationg timers from '0' up and counters from '511' down and then you will not duplicate the same number.
Have not used one of the old girls for years.

Good catch Bob, I missed that in his post. Piggy, in the C200H Series the Counters and Timers share the same Memory Area. So, you can't use the same number for a Counter and Timer. Change your Counter or Timer to 2, and your code should work.

Stu.....