Omron upgrade

TheUser

Hello,

I am not that familiar with the omron plc line but have made program modifications to a CJ2M.
I have a machine that needed more hardware integrated into it. right now the machine has a CP1H controller with two expansion ports and two serial ports in the base controller. I need to integrate two EIP check scales into the conveyor line.
Im assuming that the controller is maxed out on expandability.
so I would like to know A) is the program updatable to a CJ2M relatively easy? Is the CJ2M the best option to upgrade too? (not looking for a complete machine rewrite).
B) the current HMI is also omron with serial communications to one of the slots on the controller, but has an available ethernet port. would it be wise to set up the
HMI over ethernet as well. ( i believe the CJ2M does not have a serial port)

Would I be better off looking for an easier scale interface with discrete high low outputs. looking for a +/- 2 gram accuracy with adjustable target weights.

The current controller is being used for indexing a few servo drives with step/direction i believe from the bottom output pins of the base unit.

Any ideas would be wonderful.

Thank you.

You might want to look at the CP1W-EIP61 module. That would allow you to replace one of the serial ports with an Ethernet IP port to handle your HMI and scales.
The conversion from CP1H to CJ2M isn't terribly complicated, but the I/O addresses map differently. If you use a CJ2M-CPU3x it has one Ethernet port and you can add one serial port to the CPU. IF you need two serial ports you would have to add a CJ1W-SCU21 module. You would also need a motion control module (maybe a CJ1W-MD212) to connect your servo drives.

I have CJ2M-CPU35, and the IP addess is configured to the EIP port.
I want to write a code so that I can read/write the values in DM, HR memory. Is there any protocol spec document which suggest the command structure which is sent from my driver program so that PLC responds with the value at the memory address inside omron PLC??