Online browsing of SLC 5/03

jdbjdb

I am having problems seeing online tags via the FactoryTalk ME tag browser. I have set-up RSLinx so that I can go online with an SLC 5/03 using a null modem cable and USB adaptor. I presumed that if I set-up RSLinx Enterprise with a shortcut to the SLC via a DF1 driver that I would be able to browse the SLC tags. I've done this many times using Ethernet but it's been a while since I did it using a serial cable.
I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some step by step instructions.

I'm still having communications problems with this system and would really appreciate some help. Things have progressed since my last post.
From FactoryTalk ME (RS Linx Enterprise) I can go online and browse the SLC 5/03 using a null modem cable, a USB adaptor via a DF1 driver. I can see the SLC under the DF1 in RSLE. I have created a shortcut and can browse the SLC tags from FactoryTalk.
I use the same DF1 driver to connect to the PanelView 6, 600. I have to disconnect my null modem cable from the USB adaptor and replace it with a straight through RS232 cable connected to the PV. In RSLE can no longer see my SLC (because I have disconnected the cable) but can see my PanelView 6, 600. I download my program to the PV, connect my straight through RS232 cable from the SLC to the PV, load the PV program and hit run. The program rums but a pop-up message appears that reads "DF1 failed to open COM6: as it may be already in use".
COM6 is the PC port in which the USB adaptor is connected.
In RSLE, the DF1 driver is set up for COM6, SLC or Micrologix, Station 0, 19200, 1, none, CRC.
SLC channel 0 is set for DF1 Full Duplex, 19200, none, 1, CRC.
The DF1 driver in PanelView Networks and comms is set up as: Use Auto Config = No, Device = SLC or ML, Error check = CRC, Parity = none, Baud = 19200, Stop bits = 1, Station = 0, COM Port = 1 (can only select 1, 2, 3, 4 here).

I've figured it out at last. In RSLinx Enterprise, when I copied my design set-up over to runtime (by pressing 'copy design to runtime') the DF1 driver was copied which referenced the COM Port of my PC (COM6). I needed to change this in the runtime set-up to COM1 (because COM6 does not exist in runtime).
;)