OT : How to Write a Employee Termination Report

I reckon that it is irrelevant that your boss is kind of new? If he can't handle this task then it begs the question how did he get the job in the first place? His judgement can't be very good either because he gave the task to you and you dont seem to be able to handle it either. So maybe you should have been honest with your boss up front and told him that you could not do it either or would that then have classified you as a poor performer as well?
If you have sufficiently documented history of poor performance then the task should be easy for either you or your boss. The facts should then be written up in a report and then he could be fired via the appropriate channels in you company.
One of my tasks as lead engineer for the last 20 years has been to do performance ratings, disciplinary sessions and reviews of the people reporting to me and I have never had the need to go to the internet and ask how I could do such tasks.

I have never had the need to go to the internet and ask how I could do such tasks.
If you had, I am sure that you too would have gotten more bad advice than good advice.

There are leaders, there are followers, everyone needs to know where they are to make a smooth work environment. Then there are pushers, hopefully no one works for one of these.

Last edited:
If you had, I am sure that you too would have gotten more bad advice than good advice.

There are leaders, there are followers, everyone needs to know where they are to make a smooth work environment. Then there are pushers, hopefully no one works for one of these.[/quote]

A little joke here? Don't go down that road!

I reckon that it is irrelevant that your boss is kind of new? If he can't handle this task then it begs the question how did he get the job in the first place? His judgement can't be very good either because he gave the task to you and you dont seem to be able to handle it either. So maybe you should have been honest with your boss up front and told him that you could not do it either or would that then have classified you as a poor performer as well?
If you have sufficiently documented history of poor performance then the task should be easy for either you or your boss. The facts should then be written up in a report and then he could be fired via the appropriate channels in you company.
One of my tasks as lead engineer for the last 20 years has been to do performance ratings, disciplinary sessions and reviews of the people reporting to me and I have never had the need to go to the internet and ask how I could do such tasks.

It is just a question. I have never done this before so you have to learn from somewhere. Nice to see that you were born already knowing how to do these things.

Thanks for your helpful input.

It is just a question. I have never done this before so you have to learn from somewhere. Nice to see that you were born already knowing how to do these things.

Thanks for your helpful input.

Kid

you need to remember he learned back in the days of dinosaurs - books and paper - why I will bet he even had to go to supervisor training ie a sit down class session. Heck he was out there working before you were born - talk about ancient!!!

I even remember and did math on a slip stick. NOW THAT IS OLD

Dan Bentler

I was taught on a slide rule LOL ---

I have my old mans one also.
A cylindrical drum type 4~5 decimal place type.

Give me that calculator

Oh yes I much prefer a calculator. However the very valuable lesson they beat into my head was to be able to estimate your final number. Invaluable whether slipstick, calculator, computer.

Dan

Yep - I Agree Dan,
I find it funny talking to the young bloke, (now 20) when he was at school.
trying to explain that 378 x 3 will be greater than 1000.

The other thing I find funny is looking around the desktop for the calculator - searching high and low - asking workmates if they have it.

Then remembering the calculator program on the notebook I was using.

Yes I did maths on a slide rule and even Log tables too

Log tables ?? Arent those for how many 2 x 4 you can get out of a log?

Yeah did those in high school - hated em - what a PITA - but at the time (dinosaurs were still hatching from eggs) it was about as good as it got - unless you went hi tech and did em o a slip stick.

Dan Bentler

Remeber in school having to ask permission to use a slide rule instead of the lookup tables in the back of our math book. The previous owner of my math book decided the lookup tables needed to be colored so reading numbers (almost impossible to begin with) where impossible. I still have that slide rule. My father was the one who got it for me. I showed it to my kids a few years ago and got some pretty confused looks. I really liked the look of bewilderment when we were at the Smithsonian in DC and I explained that engineers who built the rockets used those same slide rules to figure out how to make the rockets work.

IMHO. PLCKid is right in asking questions before going off half ****ed. When it comes to personal management you can get into a real mess real fast. Oh and as far as using the internet. If it had existed when I started you can bet I would have used it.

I'm not sure on the labour laws in GA. What I do know is that there MUST be a paper and meeting trail that has dialogued and recorded the deficiencies of his work and included the consequences of what would happen if expectations were not met by the worker. This has nothing to do with you but is the accountability of your boss and HR. Without all the proper documentation your company could be setting itself up for a wrongfull termination claim by the worker. When it comes to human rights, or illegal conduct it's fairly straight forward. Without the company doing due-dilegence, prepare for the worse...