OT positioning devices

Left field. Wifi triangulation. As in the Aeroscout system. They also have descrete position exiters. The crane position can then be tracked on a graphic display in the control room.
Issue would be interfaceing between the control system and the positioning engine.

I am usually a big fan of "left field", but that sounds a bit like black magic aligned by smoke and mirrors.. :)

Similar Topics

Just curious how people are making out with their applications using EtherNet/IP for motion control. Any issues with Latencey and Lost Packets or...
Replies
Views
The system of position control is quite different in Beckhoff compared to Siemens. In a Beckhoff controller with Beckhoff drives on Ethercat, the...
Replies
Views
I'm working on a SCADA project in FTView SE where there are many instruments, each of them has a Faceplate that can be called by a "Go-To Button"...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using P&F - WCS reader to read position of a trolley motion on a crane. Sometimes there is Ethernet communication failure error given by...
Replies
Views
We have a project with a couple different fairly simple positioning tasks. Speeds are fairly slow and positioning doesn't need to be super...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom