OT- Rat bitting and eating the wires

Bytesize said:
How about a frequency so high the rats can’t stand it and people can’t hear it. Or just bump up your voltage to 480.

Or you can buy my motion detection; radar/heat signature guided mini missile launcher.

That would be a good idea!

We have 440V wires for motor supply, the funny thing is they won`t bite the high voltage. This rats are all cleaver and wise.o_O

Last edited:
Maj. Toxido,

As you can see, we've had a wonderful time with your topic today while you were away!

I wish you the best of luck.

Stationmaster

Another thing I forgot to mention, it does not take an epidemic or large hoard of rodents to cause damage, you would be amazed what just one or 2 can accomplish.

As I said, rats can be smart, they learn not to eat things if another rat dies from eating it. They learn about traps if they see another rat in a trap...believe it or not they can also communicate this to other rats.

May want to have a study done on the areas the problems occur the most and this may offer an appromixation on their nest or at least the areas they now frequent. Like humans, rats can become creatures of habit.

Instead of trying to remove them all at once make a more concerted effort using different options in key areas.

Since it is pasta I will assume you use flour, the key is do you use grain and mill your own? This can be a major factor because the grain silos and mill could be the source of the issue but "overpopulation" drives them to other areas.

If you are doing the pest control etc. in house then may want to at least hire an outside consultant that may offer more options.

rsdoran said:
Since it is pasta I will assume you use flour, the key is do you use grain and mill your own? This can be a major factor because the grain silos and mill could be the source of the issue but "overpopulation" drives them to other areas.

Yes, we use grain and mill our own flour.

Thanks for the tip!

rsdoran said:
Another thing I forgot to mention, it does not take an epidemic or large hoard of rodents to cause damage, you would be amazed what just one or 2 can accomplish.

As I said, rats can be smart, they learn not to eat things if another rat dies from eating it. They learn about traps if they see another rat in a trap...believe it or not they can also communicate this to other rats.

May want to have a study done on the areas the problems occur the most and this may offer an appromixation on their nest or at least the areas they now frequent. Like humans, rats can become creatures of habit.

I just read about the bahavior of rat in this site http://www.ratbehavior.org/ this will help a lot!

To all of you thanks for the suggestions I really appriciate it!:site:

Rat Goo Is Worse

I worked in a feed mill with the same problem. He has wiring that already has the insulation chewed off. Some is probably 480v or the equivelent. Do not fumagate. The little guys will just die in all the wrong and hard to get to places. When they die from poison or whatever their bodies break down and ooz all over the exposed wiring like in a cable tray or trench. Many more problems than he has now will develop. Sealed conduit runs and junction/control panels is the only way to save the wiring and controls. They can find a way into even the smallest of holes so sealing is the key to happiness in noodleville.:eek:

jeebusmn said:
Upgrade to 1.8 Gigavolts, man!

I think that would be 1.8 "jiga-Watts"...also used for time travel. I've heard that same number used for the thermal output of Nimitz class carriers. I'm not sure if it's one core or all or what...but a good inside joke.

surferb said:
I think that would be 1.8 "jiga-Watts"...also used for time travel. I've heard that same number used for the thermal output of Nimitz class carriers. I'm not sure if it's one core or all or what...but a good inside joke.

:eek: 1.21 jigawatts :eek:

When I was in the softdrinks business, we supplied insulated tubing to McDonalds, and they specified that ALL tubing was to bed wrapped with silver foil between the product tubing and the insulation – apparently because rats don’t eat silver foil! So “all” you got to do I wrap your cables in silver foil!
Put me off BigMacs for some time though

you say you have communication cables, can you upgrade to wireless ?? if they dont eat supply cables, then, the problem you have is communication cables..wireless will solve the problem!!

as for the rats, I know alot of people who are much dirtier than rats! if they dont cause troubles to your production line..leave them alone