OT: Wireless Paging System

Christoff84

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I've looked around for something like this but haven't found much. I was hoping someone here had seen/heard of something like what I need.

Basically, we have a paging module that has ~10 preset pages that can be triggered by closing the circuit. What I'm looking for is some kind of wireless push buttons that I can place around the plant that transmit back to a central receiver near the module. Ideally the receiver would have relays that close when the buttons are pressed. THe closest thing I have found are wireless doorbells, but they seem to lack seperate sets of contacts to use.

The only alternative would be running wires all over the plant as management wants these buttons placed in each area of the plant.

Believe it or not, the cheapo wireless systems on eBay work quite good (LINK). I bought one (from this seller) to build a 12 lamp andon system, and was amazed at how well it worked. I don't know what kind of range you're looking for, but for the price, I think it would be worth trying one of these. This seller is quick to respond to questions too.

🍻

-Eric