Outputs to Anybus X-Gateway profinet

Jonathan358

Ok I'm using an Anybus X-Gateway Ethercat to Profinet. I'm using TIA v15.1.

I'm a little lost. I am trying to turn on an output to the Profinet but not sure how I can address it. Since TIA keeps giving me errors. I'm needing to turn on output byte 34. But again not sure how to address this.

Or my preferred method is to create a DB with in your case 64 bytes of data. Structured how you need them.

Then write this DB to the anybus module via SFC14/15 blocks.

I can imagine 4 most likely error causes.

1. The Profinet Device Name ("abx-prt") is not loaded onto the Anybus device (*1).
2. In TIA, the S7 CPU is not assigned as PN IO Controller for the Anybus device (*1).
3. The Anybus device is not setup (with Anybus configuration software) to reflect the setup in TIA.
4. The Anybus device is not setup, assigned and connected to a Controllogix PLC as Device (*2).

*1: Post a screenshot from the Network view in TIA when online.
*2: I am just guessing here, that the Anybus device acts like a PN/PN Coupler, and on that one you will get an error on the S7 CPU if there is no connection to the configured partner on the other side of the PN/PN coupler.

I was getting a bool error on the output side. I am trying to turn on a byte in the Anybus. The byte is a confirm bit to the Ethercat. Was getting errors at the end of my rang ,but thanks to the guys help I got it figured out! Thank you!