overwrite a allen bradley file

irondesk40

Is there a way to protect a rslogics file so that someone else could open and use the file and even make modifications if they had to, but not be able to save it as the same file name?
For example, i create a file for a slc500 plc and name it master, someone else in my company may be able to copy that file to there pc, use it to troubleshoot, modify etc., but if they attempted to save it back to the master directory they would not be able to overwrite the original master file, but could save it under a different name.

Similar Topics

Hi everyone can you give me some guidance in this topic (i'm not much experienced with rockwell). Sometimes other company try download the...
Replies
Views
Siemens S7/TIA v16: "Overwrite if object exists online?" HMI loading message... Thus far, I've just been ticking this box, just to get the HMI...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, We have a PLC Omron CJ2m CPU12, it contains an old program and it is UM read protected by password. Now we have a new program...
Replies
Views
I am trying to import and overwrite program while online with a 5570. I swear you can do this with a 5580. I even tried inhibiting the program...
Replies
Views
Hi, complete novice here. GXDeveloper: I work in a test facility controlled by Q-series PLC. I want to do some self-training on ladder logic...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom