PACTare Comm Issues WIN 7

tpal79

Having an issue with PACTware 4.1 running on WIN 7. I keep getting a communication error when trying to get the online parameterization of a DTM for a Turck temperature module. No problem with the software on a machine with WIN XP. Any help is greatly appreciated.

PACTware Comm Isues

No cannot talk to any other devices, but I'm using a HART comm multiplexer and it connects no problem.

There are continuing revisions of HART. HART 5, HART 6, HART 7.

Pactware has a HART driver. It gets revised on occasion.

I know I had to find a revised HART driver to be able to talk to a recently released HART 7 transmitter. The vendor supplied a link to the revised HART driver that could talk to their HART 7 transmitter. They supplied the DTM as well, but the DTM talks 'through' the HART driver.

I suspect that your HART driver is not a recent enough revision.

PACTware Comm Isues

Are you using WIN XP or 7. If you are using 7 could I have the site where you where able to find the Hart driver?

I run Pactwware in Win 7 but I suspect it is a HART version issue as much as a Windows thing.

In Pactware, the HART DTM version number is displayed - the graphic shows the DTM version 1.0.44 after I updated.

dftjq.jpg

HART Communication DTM : a free version of HART Communication DTM is available for download from CodeWrights website.

HART Communication DTM download:
Go to http://www.codewrights.biz/

There's a download link to the HART DTM from the right side window on the home page:
2nlvfhl.jpg

PACTware Comm Issues

Well I checked the HART DTM and I was using the same one 1.0.44.So I am thinking it is the TURK DTM that is the culprit.

1) Do you have 250 ohms resistance in the loop? No HART without 250 ohms resistance.

2) You're probably using a USB HART modem?

Have you checked which COM port it installs on (each USB port on a PC is a different COM port) in Device Manager and set the HART com up for that port?

2wf44xu.jpg

zu4ir.jpg