Panel Mount Printer

rkicklighter

Morning all! I have a marine application that uses a panel mount, 24 column, RS232, ASCII printer with 5 VDC power for hardcopy recording of certain values for regulatory purposes.

Over the years companies that make these things have dropped to virtually none. We have bought from Keltron for the past 15 or so years but now they have stopped with all printers so they tell us.

What we have used is the Keltron MM2480/5 and I can find nothing that's a direct replacement. We have went to electronic logging on other applications and wish they would do that here but the operations company refuses to spend the money as it requires a complete system revamp and upgrade. They may have to now.

Thoughts on a replacement? Must be RS232, ASCII, and close to the same footprint. Very little space to modify the panel.

da10af44e96c49c3be4434e6461ee700.jpg

Hi,

Google shows many suppliers who are producing stuff like this. For example Mtechprinters. They also have some data loggers which can replace printer if needed.

Try with kiosk printer (thermal ones have small footprint).
Also "must" in this case is not good way of thinking, you should adapt to new technologies and circumstances. RS232 is quite obsolete.

Also "must" in this case is not good way of thinking, you should adapt to new technologies and circumstances. RS232 is quite obsolete.

I'm not the one who's resistant to new technology! It's the operations company that thinks any technology should be good for 30 years!

Hi,

Google shows many suppliers who are producing stuff like this. For example Mtechprinters. They also have some data loggers which can replace printer if needed.

Thanks, the MLX2240 or 2260 MAY work if the regulatory board will approve it. This is in the US and they push for U.S. products. However, it could be an option.

I have a customer that uses "Custom" printers. They have several versions. I haven't had to do any of the programming. If I needed to program ASCII over USB from a 232 I would look at a Real Time Automation adapter. They have a lot of special adapters.

www.custom.biz