Panel View 600 project problem

nabil_4070

i upload a project from a panel View 600 with Panel builder 32 when i try to open the project a message box show "Terminal application does not contain upload information" please help me to open my project extension ".PVA" thnxx....

If the file was not loaded into the Panelview with the upload information included, then you cannot retrieve it. That error message indicates whoever last downloaded the file into the Panelview did not include the information required to perform a complete upload.

i have the same project created with rsview ME with .apa extension ! so any solution to open it with Panel builder 32 !!

The *.APA is an archive file created by the FactoryTalk View Machine Edition application manager utility.

It is a FactoryTalk application, not a PanelBuilder32 application. You cannot open it in PanelBuilder32.

i have an other HMI panel view plus 6 : i would to upload the project from it to my PC , edit it and download it to Panel view plus 6, so it is possible ? or there are some probleme like : if the programmer does not include Upload information?

You can upload a Panelview Plus application from your PC using the "ME Transfer Utility" that comes with FactoryTalk View Studio ME. You should get a .mer file. You can then use "Application Manager" to "Restore runtime application." This will add the program to the your project list in Factorytalk View Studio so you can edit it.

Please note this will not work if the original programmer encrypted the .mer file or if the runtime application is an old version (i *believe* version 4.0 or older).

Helliana said:
...Please note this will not work if the original programmer encrypted the .mer file or if the runtime application is an old version (i *believe* version 4.0 or older).

...Or if they just decided to "Never allow conversion"...
Never_allow_conversion.bmp

As our friend is suggesting here...

nabil_4070 said:
...or there are some probleme like : if the programmer does not include Upload information?

Regards,
George

i have . mer file from a panel View plus 1200 i would like to upload this file to a panel view plus 600 ! so can i do this without probleme ?

Sorry for the late reply...

As I'm sure you know, within the application you need to change the PanelView Plus terminal type from 1250 (not 1200) to 600 under the Project Settings. The 1250 uses a resolution of 800x600 pixels, whereas the 600 uses a resolution of 320x240 pixels.

The scaling of the displays, objects and text is the biggest concern with such a change in resolution. The general practice is to select Scale graphic displays to rescale everything.

Once you select this option you can then further decide whether to scale the font size used by the objects on the displays, the border sizes, and also any image files stored in the image folder.

The rescaling of images can be tricky and its success depends a lot on the original image's size and complexity. It doesn't always work out so well.

Here is some info on the conversion...

60659 - FactoryTalk View ME : How can I resize the displays to fit a new resolution
Access Level: Everyone

60661 - FactoryTalk View ME: Changing the scale of a display
Access Level: TechConnect (Also linked in the above technote)

Take stock of the advice to backup the original application file before attempting to resize/rescale. The scaling will usually not revert back properly to the original size if you decide to back track.

Regards,
George