panelview 1000 comm problem

danny.boyd

I have a panelview 1000 communicating with a CLX 5561 via enbt card and Pheonix switch. Began getting comm timeouts, both read and write. Tried a different panelview unit, different patch cable, different enbt, bypassed switch and plugged directly into enbt. Still getting timeouts. Can browse both enbt and panel view on linx (with ethernet driver). Nothing has been changed in either CLX or panelview that would affect comms. Problem seems to come and go. Any ideas?

What is the Interscan Delay setting within the terminal itself?
Legacy PanelView/ControlLogix systems on EtherNet/IP is somewhere in the gray area of "perfect" functionality...:rolleyes:

Are these errors showing up on the PanelView screen ?

What exact error code are you seeing ?

Does the "write" error happen immediately upon a keypress ?

Is the PanelView in the I/O tree of the ControlLogix ? If so, do you have any diagnostics on the I/O object to tell if the connection is faulting ?

The ControlLogix Ethernet module will have diagnostic webpages as well as diagnostic information you can access using RSLinx Classic. You should be looking at those tools to find out if there's something wrong with your network connection.

Your statement "Nothing has been changed in either CLX or panelview that would affect comms" sounds carefully phrased; have any settings or programs been changed in the ControlLogix or the PanelView at all ? Sometimes changes that affect controller scantime or module loading can affect communications indirectly.

The error messages do show up on the PV screen. I can't post the exact error codes as the screen is not faulting at the moment. When it is faulting comms seem to be extremely slow. Pressing a button may take several seconds for the change to occur. Usually within a few seconds error message shows up, not immediately. The PV is not in the project tree of the CLX but does show up in Linx browser. No changes at all were made to program or hardware before problem started. There are two racks of flex I/O communicating through the same ENBT that seem to be working fine.