panelview 550 and net aic troubles

controlled

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All

I am having trouble downloading to a panelview 550 and hope someone here can help.
I have the following setup

micrologix 1100
panelview 550, pn 2711-b5a2
1761-net-aic

I have the network configured as a 3 node network as shown in ABs manual 1761-6.4 page 24

From the plc i have a 1761-cbl-amoo connected to port 2 of the aic.
From panel view i have a 1761-cb1-as09 connected to port 3 of the aic

From my laptop to aic I have 1747-cp3

I can download and go online to the plc (node 1) using rslinx df1 driver (rslinx lite ver 2.51)

I have setup the panelview as node 4 in the config screen.
I am unable to see the panelviews node in rslinx, therefore I cannot download to it.

Should I be using the df1 driver, if so, what else could I be doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Derek

Derek,

You need to use the PIC driver, instead of the point-point DF1 driver. (You will be setting up a DH-485 link.)
If you use a DF1 driver, you can only see one other point to point device.
Obviously, make sure that you DELETE (or disable) your DF1 driver from linx before attempting to add the PIC driver, then select the DH-485 type, and do an autoconfigure.

Works every time.

Once you get it down pat, you won't forget.

Good luck.

Hi

When I select the pic aic driver i get a popup window to choose
Comm port, Baud rate, station number and max station number only. I dont have anyplace to select dh485. Am i missing the correct driver in linx

Edit
After I start the pic/aic driver and go into RSWho, the driver is shown as AB PIC-1, DH485. Now when I browse the network all i see is the workstation, I no longer see the panelview or the plc.

Last edited:
Thanks, I got it working

I had the plc set for df1. I changed it to Dh485, and downloaded the program. In linx I still could not see the panelview after setting the driver as pic/aic

I cycled power to the plc and panelview. After powering up both the plc and panelview to visable in linx. I wouldn't have thought that the plc needed to be set for dh485 in order to see the panelview, but it seemed to work.

Yes, that is true. I assumed that you knew that you had to have the PLC program set for DH-485 comms.
Glad to see that you have it working. As I said earlier, you won't forget now.....