Panelview 6 - 2711P-T12C6A2 . Created a runtime 5.1 No Ethernet. Does run on Laptop

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

We have a Panelview Plus 1000 ( 2711P-T12C6A2 ). DH+ and Ethernet.
( 2711P-RN6 Logic Module ) When we created a runtime , and downloaded to the HMI , we had DH+ information , but not the Ethernet communication with the ControlLogix PLC.

We ran the same runtime on the laptop that created the runtime , and the ethernet ran fine on the laptop , but it doesn't on the HMI .

The runtime was saved as a 5.1 , and downloaded. Used FactoryTalk View 11.0 . Could it be a firmware issue ?

Thanks so much , and have a great and safe day.

When configuring communications in FT View you are opening FactoryTalk Linx (used to be called RSLinx Enterprise). In Linx, there is a Design (Local) and a Runtime (Target) tab. The most common reason for the problem you describe, is that the Design tab was configured, but not the Runtime tab.

The Design tab is used to configure how your computer connects to the PLC for testing purposes. Your computer is acting as the PanelView during testing. This tells your PC how to reach the PLCs. Anytime you run the application on your PC, you are using the Design configuration.

The Runtime tab tells the PV how to reach the PLC. This is what gets downloaded to the PV. There is a button ion the Communications Setup called "Copy from Design to Runtime. This copied the Design configuration to the Runtime config.

Save these changes and create a new runtime. Don't forget to select "Replace Communications" when you do the download.

OG