PanelView 600 Problem

Viks

Greetings guys,

We have a PV600 installed on an equipment for the past three years and just recently some of the screens (I have about 25 screens on my current application)started blinking or simply the appearance of some of the screens are not clear as it is on the normal screens. I havent changed anything recently but I did try to to load the application again today just to check if the problem may be occuring due to a corrupt application file. It is still the same after the download so I believe it's something else. Has anyone ever come across this issue before? What could have caused it? Can it be fixed or do I need to replace the unit?

regards,

What are the types of the objects that appear differently?

Did this happen on the exact same panelview, or was it after a replacement was installed (I am thinking possibly a firmware difference)?

A long time ago, there were issues with how bitmaps were handled which was fixed with newere firmware revs.

Can you describe the objects in question and thte symptoms in more detail?

Its not the objects that appear differently but its the entire screen. Say for example screen 1 is normal as it should be but when screen 5 is selected the entire screen starts to flicker yet we are able to see the objects but they are blured.It is the same terminal and not a replacement.

Sounds like maybe the screen itself is going out. The screens that look normal...do those screens ALWAYS look normal? And vice versa, the screens that look blurred...do they ALWAYS look blurred? I'm trying to figure out if is is narrowed down to a particular set of screens, or if it is random. I haven't looked up the model number you gave us but I'll assume its a touchscreen...? Maybe when you press on the screen to select another screen it causes a short or some kind of issue? What if you press on the screen in a place where there is no button? Does that cause a normal screen to go blurry?

Yes it is a touchscreen version but the problem is not random. It is fixed to certain screens only. The screens which are normal are always normal and the screens which are flickering are always the same. I had complaints from the production team leaders that some operators are using ball point pens to select objects on the screens which could be the root cause of all this but it confuses me that if the touchscreen itself is damaged, then why only it happens on some screens why not all. hope you got what I'm trying to say.

Is there an object on the screens that are giving you problems that is not on the screens that are working?
All of this points to hardware problems. IMHO

Hi,

Check your power supply.

I only say this, as we recently connected a brand new out-of-the-box PV+ to our test bench power supply.
It started up & rang ok, but some of the screens were flickering..
We thought that we had a faulty brand new unit.

Changing the power supply fixed the problem.