PanelView Plus 600 Problem

Hello,

I have a problem with PVP plus 600: I can successfully load an application and then run it but after a few minutes the application stops running and the first screen of the panelview appears and I need to load the application again. It's very embarrassing. Does anyone have an idea about that issue please?

Thank you.

We need more information to offer advice.

I can take a wild stab at it:
Perhaps the hardware is suffering from a momentary power outage and is configured to go to the Configure page on boot up.

What do you mean exactly when you said "the first screen of the panelview appears and I need to load the application again."

Do you mean the Configuration page?

When you reload the application, are you having to select it from the internal storage on the Panelview Plus or are you required to transfer it from external storage or from FTStudio?

We need more information to offer advice.

I can take a wild stab at it:
Perhaps the hardware is suffering from a momentary power outage and is configured to go to the Configure page on boot up.

What do you mean exactly when you said "the first screen of the panelview appears and I need to load the application again."

Do you mean the Configuration page?

When you reload the application, are you having to select it from the internal storage on the Panelview Plus or are you required to transfer it from external storage or from FTStudio?

Thank you for your answer, please take a look to the attached image (this is the first screen) and yes whne I reloaded the application, I still can select it from internal storage.

Your first remark about power is may be the source of the problem, I will check and come back with feedback.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Load application.JPG

Notice that there is noting in the field at the top of your photo for "Current Application:"

This tells me that you need to go into the menus and find the place where you choose the application to run on power up. Somewhere in the menus is also a place to tell the unit what to do on power which can be set to go to this configuration page or to simple run the selected application.

It has been a few years since I dealt with the PanelView Plus so I can't be much more specific. I used to have to support a plant with many of these in service. I had to write up instructions for the maintenance techs to follow when replacing a failed HMI. The instructions were a full page of steps to be able to copy the application to internal storage from a memory card, set the application to run, and set the power up options to run the application. Before I wrote the instructions, the techs would frequently fumble around and figure out how to run the application from external storage. Then hey'd remove the memory card and walk away thinking all was well.

A few hours later, the machine would be power cycled and the Panelview would either boot up to the config screen or go looking for external storage which was no longer present and they would get called back to the machine to do it all again.

We did see occasionally a problem occur where the internal storage of a faulty HMI would be wiped out and we would have to reload it from external storage. This might be similar to your condition as well. You say you can still select the application from internal storage, but yout picture seems to indicate that there is no application available for selection.

Last edited:
Notice that there is noting in the field at the top of your photo for "Current Application:"

This tells me that you need to go into the menus and find the place where you choose the application to run on power up. Somewhere in the menus is also a place to tell the unit what to do on power which can be set to go to this configuration page or to simple run the selected application.

It has been a few years since I dealt with the PanelView Plus so I can't be much more specific. I used to have to support a plant with many of these in service. I had to write up instructions for the maintenance techs to follow when replacing a failed HMI. The instructions were a full page of steps to be able to copy the application to internal storage from a memory card, set the application to run, and set the power up options to run the application. Before I wrote the instructions, the techs would frequently fumble around and figure out how to run the application from external storage. Then hey'd remove the memory card and walk away thinking all was well.

A few hours later, the machine would be power cycled and the Panelview would either boot up to the config screen or go looking for external storage which was no longer present and they would get called back to the machine to do it all again.

We did see occasionally a problem occur where the internal storage of a faulty HMI would be wiped out and we would have to reload it from external storage. This might be similar to your condition as well. You say you can still select the application from internal storage, but yout picture seems to indicate that there is no application available for selection.

Thank you again for your interest. In fact, I didn't post all pictures in previous reply but as you can see in the new pictures, I am able to select application from the internal storage.

2.JPG 3.JPG