Panelview 600 Which memory card?

PhilD

I have a Panelview 600 Cat 2711-B6C10, Ser C, Rev A, FRN 4.44 that I would like to put a memory card in.

I'm not totally clear on what memory card would be recommended for use in the Panelview 600?

I have a few AB 2711-NM14 Ser. A and Ser B, 2 and 4 meg memory cards out of some 1400e panelviews but I am under the impression from reading here that these will only work in the 1400e panelviews and I need to get either a regular pcmia memory card or a compact flash card and pcmia adapter for it.

What would be recommended as far as brands?

I would use a compact flash card, with an adapter to put in your laptop. I use a SanDisk ultra 2. with 2.0gb of memory, i have no problems with it on PV and Fanuc robotics.

As far as the adapter good luck finding one! they are getting harder and harder to find. I have a few NewDisk's that i have been using i also have a Transcend.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the input, I was thinking of trying a SanDisk adapter with a 2 gig memory card and was not sure it would work.

PhilD... be careful, I think some misunderstanting here...

Your Panelview is Standard type, I think bigrthanur was talking about Panelview Plus !

You need to have an ATA 2711-NMxx card (I think your old 2711-NM14 is no longer supported in your PV600 series C...

Take a look to the Panelview Standard User Manual... chapter 4 for ordering codes and info.

Hope this helps...

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Yes the older 2711-Nm14 (out of the 1400e pv) card is apparently not compatible. The panelview 600 recognizes the card but won't write to it. Nor can my laptop read the old cards, or I don't have the driver.

In reading the forums and the manual (thanks for the link) it looks like compact flash cards inserted in a pcmcia adapter act like (can emulate)an ata card which the panelview 600 with a rev 3.0 or later should be able to work with.

Before I went and ordered an adapter and compact flash card, I want to be sure it will work. Especially since it is more for my convenience than a necessity.

PhilD, that's true... I've tested it on a PV with 4.20 firmware and works fine(I mean a CF card 128MB with a PCMCIA adapter).

So, maybe bigrthanur was talking correctly about it... :whistle:

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]