panelview plus 700 transfer failed

awg4333

I cannot pull the .mer off the panelview the transfer fails saying i do not have a valid source (mer). This panel view does not have a config button or a white box. Help please

Welcome to the Forum !

In order to know which method of copying the *.MER file off your terminal will be effective, we need to know exactly which firmware revision it is running.

The sticker on the back will tell you what it was shipped with. I think the startup menus might tell you which runtime version it has.

The most likely way to get the *.MER will be to use a CompactFlash card, USB memory stick, or SD card with a batch file on it to copy the Runtime file off the terminal to the removable memory.

Do you have access to a CF card or USB memory stick formatted as a FAT16 device ?

Search this Forum or the RA Knowledgebase for the syntax of the batch file. I'm tired and I want to go home and this hasn't been my job for a long time.

As well as the firmware/catalog number...

How are you connecting to the PVP 700?
What version of FTVStudio are you using?
What version is the MER at, if you know?

A few things could be wrong.

As you have no access to the configuration menu I would second the use of removeable media using the batch file method.

Here's the batch file info for the USB drive that Ken mentioned...

68884 - Batch file to copy .MER (runtime) files to external storage
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

HJTRBO,

While I know you are only trying to help, the OP has not come back and said they cannot access my link to Technote 68884.

That Technote is locked under TechConnect Contract access only. I'm not sure if Rockwell permit you to copy their material in part or whole, free or otherwise, and redistribute it to the public? I know it's been mentioned here before a few times.

I'm not trying to be a pain. It's probably unlikely, but you or the Forum could land in hot water if noticed.

G.

Sorry, I just have a huge problem with having to authorise the payment of a support contract when the company I work for has millions of dollars of Rockwell gear / software installed over our sites globally.

This the disclaimer at the bottom of the page. I don't have the time to read the fine print on my contract documents to see if I can or can't copy tech-connect documents.

Out of curiosity; does it make a difference if I am posting from international waters and I link the document to a free file server as opposed to uploading it to Phils site?

This knowledge base web site is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this web site is not intended to constitute application, design, software or other professional engineering advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action, which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional advisor.
ROCKWELL AUTOMATION DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR ACCURACY OF ANY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS "AS IS." IN NO EVENT SHALL ROCKWELL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF ROCKWELL AUTOMATION HAVE BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
ROCKWELL AUTOMATION DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED IN RESPECT OF THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not countenance the exclusion of implied warranties; thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
</H4>

"Not having the time to read" contract documents is not a defense for violating the contract terms of those documents.

What do you think you are, a Senator ?

HJTRBO said:
Sorry, I just have a huge problem with having to authorise the payment of a support contract when the company I work for has millions of dollars of Rockwell gear / software installed over our sites globally.

...error...malfunction...does not compute...

I don't understand your logic here?

You have a huge problem with paying for TechConnect, but yet you have paid it, yes?
Or else you couldn't have copied it?

So what does copying it here for free use achieve for you exactly?
Are you trying to be a modern day Robin Hood?
Or are you just trying to get one back on them?

Senator Hood has a nice ring to it! :p

G.

Senator hood, does that come with a pay rise and lady courtship entitlements?
My motivation is merely to help out the 1 or 2 poor souls who don't have a contract that may need this information one day. This information might prevent them from ripping out the panel view out of shear frustration and installing a competitors product in its place.
2 sides to every story hey

Now you're looking to profit from your misdeeds. You will suit the bill nicely.

I hereby dub thee Sir Senator Hood!

Rise Sir Hood...

Go forth and infringe from the copyrighted supressors,
and illegally reproduce for the uncontractually obligated.

G.

You could also use them as your defense, along with not having the time to read. Wait, better yet, say you can't read. That'd work, wouldn't it? :confused: