Panelview to Multiple PLC's

Fayced

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guy's,
I have a project to link multiple HMI's to multiple PLC's that will all run the same process. I want to be able to call the mimic from any plc on any of the HMI's.
Platform for the control plc's are the Compactlogix L2 family with onboard I/O L24.
I also have put aside a 5380 L30ER plc to use as a master if needed to get this done.
HMI are the latest 10" Panelview +

Is there a way to indirectly address the plc's so the data can change dynamically on the HMI to display the various PLC data which have identical programs?

Not sure exactly what you you're looking for. You should be able to address each PLC separately within the HMIs as long as the HMI supports it (iirc you need the 'performance' version).

Are you wanting to re-use displays within the HMIs rather than having separate screens for each PLC? I presume you could use a parameter for the shortcut name in your addressing, meaning when a display loaded which PLC it looked at could be controlled. You'd have to re-load the display to change PLCs though.

If you're wanting to remotely change screens (eg opening a screen on one HMI loads it on all of them) then you'll need a master of some sort afaik.