Panelview300 micro to PC

conall

I have PV300 micro and i can not get it work in communication with my PC. I have cable 1761-CBL-PM02 SER. C.
These are the settings in RSlinx:
comm port:com 10
device:slc-ch0/Micro/panelview
baud rate:19200(it is same on PV300 micro)
station nmbr:00
Parity:none
Error checking:CRC
Stop bits:1
Protocol:Full duplex

When i go to automatic configure it says: "Unable to verify settings due to packet timeout! Check all cables and configuration and try again."

I use USB to serial cable that creates COM 10, dippends on which USB hub i use but i think that this doesn't matter.

So could anybody help me with this problem PLEASE!!! o_O o_O

Yes it is asigned corectly. This cable(USB to com) works with Micrologix1000.
When i put in RSlinx device on SLC-CH0/micro/panelview it is browsing and it says node 2 found, node 1 not found. I set up on node 2 on panelview and baud on 19200 and same at my computer.

I forgot to mention that Rockwell "states" that auto-configure does not work with USB-serial adapters. Thats not entirely true, it works with the model I have, but there is no guarantee.

So, you are saying that if you manually set the com port setting that the PV300 shows up in RSwho? But you can't get Panelbuilder32 to download/upload to it?

PV doesn't show up in RSWho. Version of PV is V04.46 released Feb. 20,2006.
In panelbuilder 32 it won't upload/download. I must see it in RSWho to be able to do that.

Last edited:
I found it. It is 2711-M3A19L1, SER A, REV E, FRN 4,46.
RSlinx version is 2.50.00.20(CPR 7).

Last edited:
That panelview is the DH485 version using RS232 h/w with DH485 protocol (not DF1). The DF1 connection you are trying to make won't do. Off-hand, I would be using a 1747-UIC USB adapter to talk to it; IIRC an AIC+ will work too.

PS: the DF1 version of the PV model you have is 2711-M3A18L1. You may be able to change the firmware to DF1.

Last edited:
I have in RSlinx AB_DF1-1,DH-485 for comm between micrologix100 and computer and it worked when i auto-configure it. I created new connection AB_DF1-2,DH-485 and autoconfigure doesn't work. So i need another cable or PCI card with serial on it or what?

conall said:
I have in RSlinx AB_DF1-1,DH-485 for comm between micrologix100 and computer and it worked when i auto-configure it. I created new connection AB_DF1-2,DH-485 and autoconfigure doesn't work. So i need another cable or PCI card with serial on it or what?

the Micrologix by default uses DF1, thats why that works. I don't recall ever using that driver for DH-485 but maybe it works.

Instead of trying to auto-configure, manually set your com setting to match the PV300. If it doesn't show up in RSwho then I would say you need a Allen Bradley 1747-UIC adapter OR change the PV300 firmware to DF1. Search this site for threads that discuss the firmware change. If it can be done that may be the quickest way.

Thanks! I manage to get it work. My panelview 300 micro had new firmware(4.46) and that's why it didn't work. I have now 4,41 that is working. The procedure is next for those who might have problem like i did so they can easely solve it.

You must have PanelView Firmware Upgrade Utillity. Second thing is to start RSlinx Classic launch control panel, stop service and remove check box, and then start RSLinx. You must add new driver type that must be 1747-PIC/AIC+ that will make you communicate with comp. Set any com port. Baud rate must be 19200 on panel and on pc and right node. Then you start firmware upgrade utillity and choose panel to PV300 micro and DF1. Click on download and that should be it..

Hi everybody
I want upload application from PV300 micro 2711[FONT=&quot]-M3A19L1 [/FONT]to my PC. But I cannot.
Can you help me?
I used RSLink classic 2.54
WINDOWN XP SP3(laptop)
Cable 2761-CBL-PM02 (I used converter RS232-USB)
and I was read at some forum but they said:"The PIC driver will NOT work on a USB port. It has to be a real serial port." I understand is I need buy a 1747-UIC?

Thanks you

Hi everybody
I want upload application from PV300 micro 2711[FONT=&quot]-M3A19L1 [/FONT]to my PC. But I cannot.
Can you help me?
I used RSLink classic 2.54
WINDOWN XP SP3(laptop)
Cable 2761-CBL-PM02 (I used converter RS232-USB)
and I was read at some forum but they said:"The PIC driver will NOT work on a USB port. It has to be a real serial port." I understand is I need buy a 1747-UIC?

Thanks you

That's correct your PV supports DH485 protocol. You will need a real serial port or the 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)

What is the PV connected to?

Last edited: