Part rejection down line

Software

Terry,

RSLogix500.

With some help from Rockwell tech connect we were able to figure out what was causing the "funny" update in the program. I plan to post three different versions of what I thought are very simple and similare rungs of code but turned out to behave very differently. I will post this once I prove everything is working on the machine. I am sure that a lot of you will see what I was missing.

Thanks
Bob O.

Bingo

The problem appears to have been the timer done bit in front of the counter and the placement of the one shots. I placed PE2 in series with the timer and then moved the timer done bit along with the counter down to the rungs with the move instructions and the good/bad part bits. All works well with rung 000 and 001
If the one shots were placed as I had them in the previous attachment, the data file was updated twice which caused my good lid to turn into a bad lid. Rung 002 -005
The PE3 counter acted in a similar manner.
I attached a pdf of three different ways that I tried the code and I thought any one of them would have worked. Guess Not. So much for my thinking or not thinking.

Thanks,
Bob O.

So much for bingo

Well I thought Bingo but I didn’t test fully before being pulled away. I am now just getting back to this project and it isn’t working correctly. I can sort the good from the bad until it’s time to reset the counter for the indexed addressing and then the lid out counter faults the PLC when it reaches the last element of the file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob O.

Bob can you send the exact code from the machine, with updated changed registers when you put the machine in this condition, save it in that state so I can see the values prior to trying to reset.

Here you go

Bill,

Don't laugh to much at one of my first programs....
Lad 3
Thanks,
Bob O.

Bill,
Sorry. The code isn't in the last state. It is just the code. Let me know

Not sure if this helps

I am having a hard time getting my mind around this.

Thanks,
Bob O.

Bob, had a quick look at your program. I see in the math calculations you are using N7:__ holding registers for the calculated values for a reset of counters after accumulation of a value of 100. Now from what I see, you are resetting the count on your lid in counters but not your lids out counter, so C5:11/acc will continue to count until it max's out or until I:0/3 is true which will cause a reset of the value in C5:11/acc. From what I can see, I am assuming it works fine when it starts but after C5:11/acc gets over 100 it lets everything go. Recommend that you perform another math calculation in your counter reset rung 7 of lad 3 and add in a calculation to reset C5:11/acc to the appropriate value, I am attaching a screen shot for you to see the change.
1 other thing to check is your master reset. It should perform a file fill to the first 101 registers in the data file N11:. I see that register 4 has a reject value in it at the moment. Watch that data file and confirm that the values reset to 0 when I:0/3 is on.
See if that resolves the problem, good luck, if you are still having trouble, do another upload and give me a thorough explanation of the issue you are having.

bob o program.jpg