PC670 Save the alarmlist to a texfile

edda

Hi!

A old customer called me and he had bought a used machine. The machine was equipped with a Siemens PC670.

He was not at the site today but he said that both Step 7 and protool was installed in it (at least he thought it was Protool but not witch version), but both the PLC and HMI backup was in there.

I received the backup on mail but I could not open the PC670 file with Protool 6... Should I use WinCC Flex or some kind of Pro version of Protool?

He would now like to save the current alarmlist to a txt file (txt, csv, skv or some type). How could I manage to do this? Normally don't work with siemens HMI products...

Best Regards.

What are the file extensions ?
.pbd is a Protool project file.
.fwd is a protool runtime file.

If the PC670 is a panel PC or similar, then you need Protool Pro to edit the project.
You can also migrate it into WinCC Flex Advanced.

Thanks for your fast reply Jesper.

The extension are pdb and Yes its a Panel PC.

I will give him a call and ask him to check what protool is installed.

But lets say that its "Pro" thats installed, how shuld i proceed?

Regards

Okej, but not sure I made myself clear. Every time a new alarm comes in runtime the list shuld be written to a textfile placed on the harddrive in the PC670.

OK I see.

In Protool Pro, go to Archives in the project tree and create a new Archive file. Call it "Alarm_Log" for example. Specify such details as how many entries you want, what directory etc.
Then go to System .. Messages .. Settings, and then the Archives button. A dialog will appear where you can specify where to store alarm messages. Specify the Alarm_log archive file you created before.
That is all.

A tip: To display the logged alarms from inside Protool RT, create a special screen with a Message View that is set to display the Message archive rather than the default Messages.