PCIS for A/B SLC 150?

That worked perfectly. Now, I am trying to print. I have a printer intalled on LPT1(25PIN) and when I tried the test page in windows it printed, but I cannot print out of PCIS. Any ideas??

69dodge said:
That worked perfectly.

Great!!! I knew if I keep guessing I would someday help someone :) that only took just over 2000 tries ;)

69dodge said:
Now, I am trying to print. I have a printer intalled on LPT1(25PIN) and when I tried the test page in windows it printed, but I cannot print out of PCIS. Any ideas??

Can you print to a PDF file?... just another guess, but I have no idea as I have never printed it

Give it up...

I spent my whole attention span trying to print from within/outside of dosbox and never got her done. I even tried printing to file and it never came close to working.

After 7.2 minutes (my ADDD* limit) I decided to take mutliple screenshots to get an image of the ladder.

Pieace!

footnotes:
*Attention Divided Deficit Disorder.

OkiePC said:
I spent my whole attention span

After 7.2 minutes (my ADDD* limit)

It appears you were not giving all of your attention to this!:D
okie.jpg

okie1.jpg

I've given up on printing for now. I can thumb it out on MSWorks Spreadsheet fast enough. Does anyone know if MS Visio has a ladder logic template?

If you could zip and attach the application files, I could open it here with PCIS. I would then convert it to a text based or document based file for you. Then, I would re-post it so that you could open it with Notepad or Wordpad. After doing that, you should be able to print it normally,(not going thru DOSBOX or PCIS).

Last edited:
I was able to do a pretty spiffy job in spreadsheet, nice address descriptions, database (sort of) and then saved as a PDF. How dow I convert to text from PCIS without doing it manually?

I would also to thank everyone and GIT for the help.There is just one thing, I cant get my laptop to talk to the slc 150. I have checked everything (I Think ) to be sure that it is not my laptop or settings for the serial port. My hand held programmer works with the plc and I have swaped cables as much as possible but still no luck. The asssembly of cable came with the slc in a cnc mill of the 1990 vintage. the cable is interface converter 1745-pcc and I assume that the cable adapter from a db 25 to db 9 cable is a factory item. I suspect this assembly is the problem. Thanks Mike'shop.

Hi Mike,

Are you using a USB adapter? if yes make sure that you have the correct com port set up in DosBox

Not a lot of time today... this is a procedure that I wrote and it may help www.plctrainer.net/DOSBOX.pdf

You can also give me a call... 5 min on the phone can replace a lot of emails

My procdures will work with my cables or AB's

Mark

I would also to thank everyone and GIT for the help.There is just one thing, I cant get my laptop to talk to the slc 150. I have checked everything (I Think ) to be sure that it is not my laptop or settings for the serial port. My hand held programmer works with the plc and I have swaped cables as much as possible but still no luck. The asssembly of cable came with the slc in a cnc mill of the 1990 vintage. the cable is interface converter 1745-pcc and I assume that the cable adapter from a db 25 to db 9 cable is a factory item. I suspect this assembly is the problem. Thanks Mike'shop.

I think geniusintraining is the best source for help. Also, I think there are posts on this site on how to build an adapter using a short-haul modem or a rs-232 to rs-422 convertor.
See this thread, post 5 & 6 for more info.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=4455&highlight=slc100

Last edited: