SLC 150 PCIS Help

Tim Ganz

We have an old machine that has a SLC 150 in it and it went down with a fault today of no program.

We have the pcis software on an old windows 95 laptop but when i open a file that has the machine name with a file extension of .100 pcis opens but it looks like a new file and i see no logic when I hit the F2 program development/ edit?

What am i doing wrong?

I am trying to do this offline and not connected to the plc. Does it even work that way?

I have many files with the same machine name and no dates so I have to look at the logic to see which one we need?

First I would try opening PCIS, then go to the folder with the file and open it from within PCIS - not try to have Windows open it. Sometimes programs don't respond to the prompt from Windows but they open to a blank screen.

From the main screen press F1, Then (I think it's F6) press the F# labelled Change Folder/Dir. Navigate to the folder with the file. Then press F1 or F2 (whichever is Read) then select the option that is Not SLC (Disk???) to select the file in that folder you need.

Going by memory now, as I don't have PCIS at home, so the numbers may be wrong.

+1 for what Aabeck said. Here is some additional info that may help. To navigate to a program after pressing F6, just backspace the existing folder name to erase it, then, type in the complete new folder name. There are times when changing menus that you will have to hit the "Enter" key to go forward and the "Esc" key to go back. I have also found these old DOS programs work best from either the c:\ (root folder) or its own folder directly in the root folder. Another thing, if you would like to zip and upload the .100 programs then I would be glad to look and see if there is any logic in them for you. I could also try to convert them to either a .txt or .pdf file for you to see.

Edit:
If you don't have or need a Manual for the PCIS software, here is a link.
Link:
http://www.plctrainer.net/PCISManual.pdf

Last edited:
Also, when you type in a folder name remember that PCIS is DOS based and folder "C:\PCIS Projects" will be "C:\PCIS P~1" (8 character maximum name)

Also I checked in PCIS and Read is F1 and the proper selection is Disk (now if only I could remember where I put that winning Powerball ticket)