PCMK Card

bluenoser337

Hi:

Trying everything to get a DH+ connection to an old 5/15. I have an old laptop with a PCMK Series B card and a fresh XP installation. I have installed Logix5 version 8.0 and Linx version 2.59.01. The PCMK driver files are on the laptop but the PCMK card is not recognized as an Allen Bradleyn device. Tried a second PCMK card and same results. The card comes up as a Generic Multi-Function PC Card. Updating the drivers and pointing to the PCMK files ends with the srtandard "Windows thinks your current driver is just fine, eh". o_O Any suggestions would be appreciated. Years ago, I used the PCMK card thousands of times.

You did reach 10001 times otherwise it'd work for you.

Update to SP3 and try the attachment.

Thanks "geniusintraining" and "L33er" but the "Allen Bradley Family..." doesn't appear in Device Manager. The only thing that comes and goes with the card is the "Generic Multi-Function PC Card". My XP is SP3. o_Oo_O

Right click in DeviceManager and uninstall the generic device, then rescan.

When it pops up to install don't let windows look for the driver, you select from a location, then browse to the AB driver.

Also sometimes the installation and driver had to be installed before inserting the card on some devices. Older installations almost always had a warning to remove the device if it;s installed before continuing.

It could also be a bad PCMCIA slot on the laptop.

I_Automation...you got it!! Found and set up another old laptop and everything worked right away. Thanks!

I've got an old Dell laptop I prefer using. It's got an upgrade of XP called Black Elegant Edition and runs great.

However the slots on it don't recognize half the cards and some it does recognize still won't work.

I've checked and getting the slot repaired would cost more than 2 new laptops, so if I need to use a PC card I have to use an older Thinkpad with a 20G hard drive that can't have 2 programs installed at the same time