Picosoft and basic timers

indiana324

Hello,
Im new to plc's and im trying to use picosoft to build a simple timer circuit that is controlled by input 01 , and as long as 01 is on the output 01 turns on for 5 seconds and off for two seconds and the cycle repeats indefinitely as long as 01 is on. any help is appreciated! also whats a good resource for picosoft software to lern how to use it..
thanks!
Mike

Have you heard of The Google? I used it to find this: https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1760-um001_-en-p.pdf

I have no idea about picosoft, but this link has several approaches using a Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100 to the "flashing light" problem; you should be able to read the PDFs. There are varying levels of accuracy in the different approaches, but every approach is good to 1-2ms, which is on par with the scan time so pretty much as good as it gets.

To me the simplest approach would be to make a cycling timer that resets itself every 10s, and have the output be in one state when the elapsed time is less than 5s, and the other state for the rest of the cycle. It takes just two rungs and four instructions.

Hey,
Thanks for helping, the first thing i did is look at the manual you posted a link for. problem is that doesnt tell you how to write the code in picosoft...like how do i even make it cycle in the software....google says there isnt many videos screen shots showing the way to do things in the picosoft software...thats why i came here ...
Mike

I used the PICO's about 20 years ago to run agitators for 5 minutes on 55 minutes off. They are not true PLC's, I would call them smart relay's.

As I recall you can run you logic in simulation and make sure it works before you download to the controller.

You can use function blocks or ladder. Take a shot at it and post your efforts. See if you can get a timer to time when your input is true. Then build on that.

The first link drbitboy posted has a few simple examples.