Ping Command to Outside World L61

Mark Buskell

Control Logix L61.
Has anyone ever seen a command where you can issue a ping from inside the processor to a known ip address somewhere else.
What I am trying to do is ping the corporate network and it i dont get a response I want to display a message on the PanelView.

Not specifically with 'PING', or to a non-automation device with an ordinary 1756-ENBT.

You could use the Open Sockets feature of the 1756-EN2T or -EWEB to do a socket connection test to something on the corporate network.

If there is a computer with RSLinx running on it that can be considered to represent the 'corporate network', you could send a CIP Generic message just to check the Identity Object (Class 1, Instance 1, Attribute 1). If you get a reply, you know that host is up.

Hi

I have connected to systems with c# and we would set up a heart beat between the systems again not a ping but it may work

Donnchadh

I have a VB.Net program running on this same network so I may just use this but I will look into socket connections. We have a lot of processors in our company that data is pulled out of from the corporate side.