PLC-2 Software

i agree with the others, unless your company has a PLC 2, why are you wanting to punish yourself?

the software from AB is over 10K and those plc's have been obsolete for over 20 years.

your time would be best spent learning logix 500 then logix 5000.

regards,
james

This is a very old thread, but...

In the event that someone finds this and they do need to program a PLC/2 then http://plc2software.com/ has third party PLC/2 programming software as well as cables for less than $400.

You can read a review of the software here.

If you have Logix5000 then IMO the thing to do with a PLC/2 is yank out the processor and put a RIO scanner in its place. The 1771 IO and rack are still good and easy to get. Then connect it to a ControlLogix with a 1756DHRIO card.

If you have Logix5000 then IMO the thing to do with a PLC/2 is yank out the processor and put a RIO scanner in its place. The 1771 IO and rack are still good and easy to get. Then connect it to a ControlLogix with a 1756DHRIO card.

You're right of course but use a RIO adapter not a scanner. It will work better. :ROFLMAO: