PLC-5/40E - Cant write to N file

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have set-up an integer data file "N50" with 100 elements. There is nothing being written to these locations from my logic. While on-line, I am attempting to write my own values in to these locations (Ie. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. etc.) by going in to the data table and double clicking on these elements. But the value reverts back to 0. How are my values getting overwritten and not saved in the data table?

I would like to have a table of my own integer data put in to a data table and have it available anytime the PLC is powered on. (Retentive data). How do I go about getting this done?

Confused!

Thx.

Last edited:
Right click the N file and click properties, see if it offers protection, set as constant if available. I think you may have to offline add the values and set it as contant though.

Thanks Rsdoran,

All the Read write options are selected. I even checked the SKIP when clearing unused memory option but still not working. No other options are available other than DEBUG check box.

Any ideas as to how to do this?

Thanks

Is some place else writing to those locations? Are you absolutely positive nothing else is writing there?? Even as an indirect or as a MSG from another plc on the network??

Are you actually hitting the enter key after you type the number?

If you double click a file element and type a number, then click to another element, your entry is not made, and the computer display reverts back to the original value. You actually have to press the enter key.

Operaghost said:
Alaric, I was reading through this thread just thinking to myself "hit enter, hit enter, hit enter".

OG

You are absolutely correct. I was NOT hitting the ENTER key. Instead, I was clicking with the mouse.

Thank you.

And thanks to all of you for your help.