PLC-5 live IO card installation

eilimec

Good afternoon,

We have a PLC5/40 and could difficultly shut it (or any rack down). So despite the indication on the technical AB documentation as any one done a hot installation for a 1771-ID16 card on a 1771-A1B chassis (RIO communication)?

Thanks in advance.

Emilie

You can try to disable that particular IO card slot number using the system file so that the CPU will not turn to fault mode when you remove the card, however the danger of damaging your card, or chasis is always there. its your call..AB is not recomending such action..

Cheers,

:) Just as well you don't.

I've been working with ControlLogix for so long, I forget that most PLC's don't support hot-swapping, and once I yanked and re-inserted a module out of an SLC-500 rack (only once).

That didn't work out so good.