plc battery cartridge

johneedw

Hello friends,
I've a fault S7 200 PLC (CPU 216), i think that the battery cartrige might cause the fault because i've reload the project to the plc successfuly but the PLC still stop with SF red led ON !.. Please, advice me to the way to replace the cartige with a similar one from another machine , i don't sure if i should remove the working one when the source machine is powered on or when it is shut down?!..waiting to hear from you..

I have swapped the battery both ways and it doesn't seem to be a problem. The battery takes over from the supercapacitor when it is discharged, so the safe way is to power up for 20mins to be sure the supercapacitor is charged, power off, swap the battery, then power back up.

But.... I haven't ever had a flat battery cause an S7-200 PLC fault, so I would be very sceptical that it is the cause of your problem.