plc interface cable

sekhar203

hi,

im a biginner and i dont have any cable to interface siemens s 5 plc with my laptop...is there any easy way to interface...can i make my own cable for this purpose...plz help me in this...

kind rgds
shekhar
[email protected]
india

If your laptop has a real RS232 port, then there's a simple solution. You can find an RS232 to 20mA converter here. If the laptop doesn't have a real RS232 port, wel, then you've got a problem. Most USB to serial converters don't work good for PLC applications, you'll have to be lucky.

In that case, the best way to go is simply buy an USB to 20mA converter, e.g. here.

Kind regards,

Similar Topics

Hi to all, I am new to this forum, but before posting my question, i tried to check similar problems i'm searching for but find none. i'm tryin...
Replies
Views
Hai All, I have a PLC(MItsubhishi Melsec FX 48 MR) With me, which is having Serial interface DB 25 port on it. If I use DB 25 to usb...
Replies
Views
Good morning fellow sea captains and wizards, I am being asked to do the above and obtain 4 values from each slave, I know about the MRX and MWX...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I have to do motion control using Rexroth XM21 plc interconnecting stepper with Stepper BSD Card.How to add this technology objects for...
Replies
Views
Dear Experts, We have two PLC independent PLC panels with two independent controllers , we need to make hardware splitting for some AI and DI...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom