PLC Siemens 1200- Induction Sensor Problem

madhuparc2004

I was asked to design a bottle counting system for a liquor company. the bottles come in a cardboard box with the lid closed also made in cardboard. I used an induction sensor to detect the lid of the bottle which were made in aluminum.
the problem is the lid of the box has a staple on it at the front.

so the 40mm diameter induction sensor senses 2 bottles at the begining.

that problem can be solved if i can find an induction sensor whose sensing diameter is 20mm and has the sensing distance of a 40mm indunction sensor.

is there any sensors available?

if it is where can i find them?

plzzz help me.

Last edited:
...that problem can be solved if I can find an induction sensor whose sensing diameter is 20mm, and has the sensing distance of a 40mm induction sensor.

Madhuparc,
1. What is the sensing distance of a 40mm induction sensor?
2. How many bottles are in the box?
3. What is the layout of the bottles in the box?
4. What is the distance between the top of the box and the top of the bottle cap? What is the distance from the box top to your induction sensor location? (In other words, how far is it from the sensor face to the bottle top - the sensing distance)?
5. Could you relocate the induction sensor so that it sees the bottle tops but not the staple?
6. Could the staple be removed (it has to be removed at some point) before the bottles are counted?
7. What is the brand and model of the induction sensor that you are now using?