"PLC/SLC mapping"

sapoleon

Hi long time out...
I´m in a project now, that request to upgrade an old SLC to a new ControlLogix. Just the PLC.
It is connected now to a Wonderware HMI and a Panelview 600 plus.

The connection is Ethernet.

We don´t want to touch the HMI or the Panel. And I don´t have access to them at this time.

I just discover the PLC/SCL mapping, and I think is the way to go.

So I made the mapping (it´s just B3, N7 and another N11).

Now, my question is, how can I test that the mapping is working? I tried setting up a Kepware OPC server to read the tags, but I can´t connect. I tried also with Cimplicity, building a test project to read this tags, and could not connect either.

So, that is the question. How can I test this connection to be sure it´s working fine so that I can comfortably set the new PLC in the field?

Thanks

the bigger problem you have is the HMI driver will not be able to read or write to the ControlLogix process using the SLC driver they will need to be changed
I understand that some modals come with drivers for multiple processors but you will still need to access the HMI to set it up
you could create tags in the ControlLogix program and copy the code to the new format but the existing HMI drivers will not be able to read them

the bigger problem you have is the HMI driver will not be able to read or write to the ControlLogix process using the SLC driver they will need to be changed
I understand that some modals come with drivers for multiple processors but you will still need to access the HMI to set it up you could create tags in the ControlLogix program and copy the code to the new format but the existing HMI drivers will not be able to read them
Hi Gary: Correct me if I am wrong. I though the whole point of N-file mapping in ControlLogix/CompactLogix is to make those tags available though legacy PCCC messaging, although after thinking a bit harder, in the case of ControlLogix the path will be a bit more complex because it is required to add the port segment between the EtherNet/IP module and the CPU. In this case the HMI will not work.
But if it was a CompactLogix there is not need for port segment in the path, so in case of CompactLogix, would it not work for sapoleon's case?

Sapoleon, I do not have an SLC to do the test. But there is a way to test what you want, but not sure it will work for the HMI.
Softing Industrial Automation has a middle ware called dataFEED OPC Suite which supports Rockwell PLCs. You can install this middeware and it works without protocols or tags limitation in demo mode, the only limitation is that it stops after 72 hours, but you can stop and restart it, then it works again for 72 hours. The software installs automatically a demo OPC UA client, which you can use the dataFEED OPCUA server. In the configuration tool, you can set the IP address of the CompactLogix but tell set it as a PLC5, not ControlLogix, and then setup the tags with correspond to the N-files that you have mapped in the program. Not sure if this will work for ControlLogix. If you can't get it working, please send me screenshots of your settings.

Good morning,
I have an update, and some new questoins.

I tried the new PLC on site with mixed results:
1. Wonderware sees the mapping without problem (that´s the good one)
2. The Panelview 600 does not see the mapping. I lose communication.

So, the new question is, how can I make the Panelview to see the mapping?
It´s an old Panelview, written with FT view studio 5.1

Or, how can I set the configuration for the new PLC? (I have already an import csv ready to change the addresses if needed).
The new PLC is a 5069-L306ER, and I don´t finde for example EDS to add in the RSlogix Enterprise that comes in 5.1.

Thanks