PLC5 Lost IO Configuration

ksyong17

Hi All,

We have a PLC5 Running with a latest backup of the logic. For some reason, we have just noticed that the PLC program lost the all the IO cards configured.

We have loaded an very old version and could access the configuration files without problem. So it appears that the configuration file was lost in transition some time in between.

I've done some research and found that the configuration file is just for 'information' purpose. However, I do have a few question on the way these files are stored and maintained.

1. Is there a quick and easy way we could retrieve this information from the old version and restore into the latest version?

2. In the logic, it seems like the IO configuration is stored on N117-N120 memory area. What are these for?

3. If I want to rebuilt the configuration, can I have to do it on an offline copy and download or we could build it online?

4. It seems like only Analog cards are setup in the logic to do BTR/BTW. What about digitals?

5. Based on the old logic, there are 4 chassis. One of the port is setup to do IO Scan. I assume we are using IO scan to read/write from/to remove rack (Chasis_2/3/4)?? Or PLC5 is smart enough to detect the chassis as soon as it's get connected? In this sense, no config required for setting up Chassis 2/3/4??

Thanks
ksyong17

the best way to get DETAILED answers for your questions is to post BOTH of your entire program files (RSP extensions) ... post the latest file - AND the one that has the configuration information in it ...

note that you'll have to zip the files before posting them (forum rule) - and that for security reasons, some of us here will not click on "dropbox" or "cloud" type locations to download your files ... you'll get the best results by posting the files as attachments to another post ...