PLEASE help me with some terms and abbreviations

Well, looks like something begins to work out :)

Look at danw's post above - he does not speak any Russian but gave a pretty good explanation for some of the terms.

Absolutely!!! Now those alarms make sense for me. Except "device alarm" and "device inhibit/override alarm". There is also a "device tag name" in my doc which referes to headers of brownish boxes like those in Danw's post.

And would I make a mistake to translate "run status" is as "состояние хода работы" and "RUN IND" as "индикатор хода работы"?

What does "run status" tell me? that the pump is running or not running?!

Last edited:
As I said, my example was not Controllogix specific.

It seems that the use of the word 'pin' infers either input pins or output pins on the function block, to which the signal tags are connected.

But in Logix 5000 your interpretation might be valid, an instance of a function block.

As I said, my example was not Controllogix specific.

It seems that the use of the word 'pin' infers either input pins or output pins on the function block, to which the signal tags are connected.

But in Logix 5000 your interpretation might be valid, an instance of a function block.

I went for output pins on the function block.

Attached are screenshots from the file.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for your help!

Выражаю всем огромную благодарность за помощь!

Atabek

Run Status может означать "В работе", "Включено", если применено как противоположное к Stop Status (Stopped Status).
В этом случае хорошо согласуется с индикатором Run Ind, означающим то же самое.

Иногда может использоваться, как заголовок , означающий "Текущее состояние работы".
Например, на экран с таким заголовком могут выводиться текущие значения измерений и счетчиков.

Last edited:
run status может означать "В работе", "Включено", если применено как противоположное к stop status (stopped status).
В этом случае хорошо согласуется с индикатором run ind, означающим то же самое.

Иногда может использоваться, как заголовок , означающий "Текущее состояние работы".
Например, на экран с таким заголовком могут выводиться текущие значения измерений и счетчиков.

встречается в след. контексте (см. приложение)

I am surprized that so mamy Forum Members speak Russian :)
Удивительно что столько Forum Members свободно говорят по русски :)

8. ESD Analog Inputs for HIPPS
(almost certainly, ESD = Emergency ShutDown)

Input&Output Processing for HIPPS:

Process input
The inputs that are used to by the ESD (not clear whether they are discrete or analog)

Input Scaling
All field instruments are electrical devices that send an electrical signal to the controller. The controller considers these 'analog inputs'. The configuration of the controller converts the electrical signal to a man-recognizable scale with units, because programmers/operators/engineers don't know what the electrical 3.92mA value means, they need to know that 3.92mA represents 2.34 bar pressure. So the scale of electrical signal, typically 4-20mA or 1-5 volts, will be converted to a scale like 0-5bar pressure; 0-200°C, 0-1,000 liters/minute flow rate, whatever. Typically a linear, proportional conversion, but can require look-up tables or math conversions.

Control Set-point
The target value for the process. It's where you 'set' your thermostat.

Control Output
An output from the controller.
For on-off control output, a state of ON or ON.
Your home furnace is either on or off. The thermostat (controller) tells it to go ON if it's too cold; OFF if the room temperature is adequate.

For modulating control, an output signal runs from 0-100%, driving something like a valve, which closes at 0% and opens fully at 100%.

37 years ago I did intercept on the Soviet's 3rd Shock Army sitting across the German border. Tons of armor, waiting to drive through the Fulda gap. Our little intercept site would have been annihilated with a single artillery round.

Their alerts were code words they'd spell out in phonetics. Very scary at the height of the cold war. One never knew what the end purpose of the alert would be. Training exercise or war mobilization?

Strela стрела
Strela

Semyon
Tatiana
Roman
Yelena
Leonid
Anna

Strelka
Strelka

Kak vi ponemaiete? priem

. . . . still sends shivers down my spine.

Dan

At some point in the past such collaboration and translation would have probably been treason by the English speaking Americans. Now it's professional helping professional. How times have changed! I'm a veteran of the 1970's US Air Force.

Before any rants, I'm not criticizing anyone nor in any way suggesting that such help should not be given, just noting the change over a lifetime.

Last edited:
Well, no wonder. There is quite a few members of the profession among those who moved from what used to be USSR. After all, Atabek, the topic starter, apparently hails not from Russia proper but from Uzbekistan.

My personal problem is that I either forgot most of the proper Russian terminology in the field or had it never known, having learned many things after my move to the US.

My personal problem is that I either forgot most of the proper Russian terminology in the field or had it never known, having learned many things after my move to the US.

I am on the same boat.
I don't remember any technical words and even having hard time to keep non-technical conversations. :)