PLEASE help me with some terms and abbreviations

I would appreciate if you could help with another term (hopefully last on my list):

Serial Analgue Input

• Displays and identifies data which is retrieved serially by the PLC (via Modbus link).

Under Graphical representation there is Serial Analog PV.

Can it be "Последовательный аналоговый ввод" и "Управляемый параметр последовательного аналогового ввода".

Serial refers to data that comes via "digital communication", a series of binary bits, ones and zeros, which represents an analog value, in this case.

The protocol used is Modbus.

So there's a PV (process value) that is displayed somewhere that comes into the PLC, not as an analog 4-20mA electrical signal, but over a serial cable to a serial port using Modbus protocol.

Can it be "Последовательный аналоговый ввод" и "Управляемый параметр последовательного аналогового ввода".
I am afraid it would have to be rendered longer, something like "аналоговый вход на удалённом устройстве последовательной связи (протокол Modbus)"

It has been noted long time ago that English is generally tends to be a more compact language than Russian - while Russian uses much greater variety of wordforms, each one reflecting a certain nuance of meaning. Therefore, you may want to introduce some abbreviations - as long as you clearly define them. It would be a pain to write (and to read) a document where one has to use seven long words instead of three short ones every time. Even three is too much, IMHO. :)

From MrPLC forum:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=16133

Diplomatic faux pas:

wb81zt.jpg

Should be Perezagruzka,пepezaгpyzka

This amusing episode has been more than too much discussed in general media and arount the Net. My 2 cents:
1. I can't beleive nobody in Department of State knows Russian. This is simply ridiculous.

2. Not that many people noticed that [Russian Foreign Minister] Lavrov also screwed up: "overcharge" primarily means "charging too much money"; the correct word is "overload", "overcurrent".

P.S. Or maybe it is that "overcharge" is the same as "overload" but in British usage? This is actually quite strange - Lavrov had been living in the States for many years and speaks English very well...

P.P.S. The whole idea with the button and "reset" and what not looks very dumb to me to begin with. But that would be a topic for a political forum, not this one.