Please, need help with Dnet Conector

rleon

I am looking for the following DeviceNet Conector.

For Intellicenter 2100, is the black drop conector that is in the vertical trunk line of the MCC. I can't find the code or part number in AB web site either in manuals.

Is this one:
DnetCon.jpg

This connector need a crimp tool to install in the flat trunk cable?

I need this to make a retrofit of an old MCC, and install a Devicenet network using flat cable for trunk and round cable for nodes.

Thanks fo your answers

Those connectors are nicknamed the "Chet Magnum"... I have no idea why.

I don't think they are available for general sale. Call your local RA office and see if they can get them from the MCC factory for you.

The connectors don't use a crimper or tool; they are fastened to the cable with machine screws (with Torx heads, I recall) very similar to KwikLink connectors. I presume that A-B has automated fixtures that apply the correct sequence and torque to them, and I don't know how difficult it would be to install one in the field.

I know that RA will sell a vertical wireway plate with these connectors pre-installed with a segment of flat cable... it bolts right in place of the existing vertical wireway bus cover plate in any Bulletin 2100 MCC.

Thanks for your answer Eddie.

Do you know is there any KwikLink connector that can be used ti sustitute the "Chet Magnum"? I was looking for open style connectors buy I'm not sure if it comes with another connector to drop lines or use screws to add a drop cable.

I need to make ports to connect drop lines with the typical 5 pin connectors, son I they don't sell the "Chet Magnum", any solution that allow me to connect drop lines is ok.

This MCC are not from Rockwell, so the vertical plate I think is not a solution for now.