PM request to illeagal software

I didn't get a PM either, but I am running free copies of Windows Vista ultimate beta2 and Office 2007 beta2 from Mr. Gates. Sometimes a little buggy but I can't complain about the price.

O.T.

I have never been able to figure out the software/hardware pricing scheme. Windows update for xp has been free since Y2K! No 2000 dollar a year tech connect contract or any such BS! FREE! I just got done fixing a new problem via direct email with microsoft support on a windows XP issue with a tech support person on software I bought for 180 dollars SIX YEARS AGO for free! I wont go into the economies of scale because some will say microsoft can afford it because they are the largest software company in the world.

I say thats WHY they are.

Happy 4OJ

Windows update for xp has been free since Y2K! No 2000 dollar a year tech connect contract or any such BS! FREE! I just got done fixing a new problem via direct email with microsoft support on a windows XP issue with a tech support person on software I bought for 180 dollars SIX YEARS AGO for free!

Why make up lies? XP was not available 6 years ago, it was introduced in 2001; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Microsoft_Windows#Windows_XP:_Merging_the_product_lines

That means that updates for XP were not free nor available.

Lets cut thru the BS...the only way to have XP 6 years ago is to be a beta tester. I will acknowledge the fact that you can go online and update Windows software BUT TALKING to tech support for many will be charged a fee.

IN plain English most Windows users should expect a charge if they contact MS support.

Beta testers, I have been one since 98, have support access most users do not.

Get the facts together and explain why you can get for less than others...my recent version of XP was $10 because I am a student, it included the 64 bit version but I do not have a 64 bit system..yet.

Similar applies to my OFFICE and VISIO, much cheaper than retail. Visio pro was 169, can not at this moment remember what OFFICE was but I think $10.

Last edited:
I also feel left out, shame cos i would have sold the chap a link to the software for download for $100000 and i would have cut Casey in on the deal as im sure it would have deserved a poll! (y)

And it IS the economies of scale. How many PC's out there are running Windows, and how many are running any brand of PLC Programming software?

You use a niche product, pay for it. Don't like to pay? Don't use it.

CaseyK said:
So, when you guys are sending out the software, I could use some ACAD, maybe something in GE or AB, and the latest Microsoft Office Suite.

who, the hell, would pirate ms office in these days anyway? and why? :)

beside that... is there any "authority" who can help to get rid of people asking for warez here ?