Point IO leave open terminal between modules

g.mccormick

Lifetime Supporting Member
Due to IE4S shortages, I am kicking around the idea of getting IE4C modules to do the initial checkout/commissioning with. Once the IE4S come in I will install and recheck stuff. The IE4S take up 2 terminal bases and the IE4C take up one. To do the swap, I woul dneed to move 2 channels from each 2nd terminal base to the first base. If I were to put an IE4C in every other terminal base, would it still show up in my project correct (ie. Slot 1,2,3 logical while being slot 1,3,5 physical)?

Haven't dealt with analog models specifically but based on general experience with Point IO you are correct about addressing, certainly with the digital IO the safety models take up twice the physical space but only one logical slot. Not sure if you can leave empty terminal bases in the middle (never tried).

There will also likely be differences in addressing between the two module types.

Thanks guys. Yes I know keyswitches will be different. Its either do this or sit and wait for undetermined amount of months until IE4S come in. We found IB8S and OB8S on the 2nd hand market, but no IE4S seem to exist out there.