Position Control with a Virtual axis

bella

Hello All,

I was wondering if it were possible to do a position control gearing two servo drives that move a load up and down to selected positions to a virtual axis (using a MAM instruction for the virtual axis and MAG instructions for the the physical axis).

I couldn't find a way to feed the feedback position to the virtual axis (from one of the physical drives' feedback). Both Kinetix have absolute encoders but there is no other external encoder.

Thank you.

Physical axes are perfectly happy to gear to a virtual axis. But there's no position feedback at all for a virtual axis. It is always "at" its intended position.

Similar Topics

Hi All, I could do with some advice on a hydraulic control system. It is necessary for me to accurately position a vertical hydraulic ram with...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have an old machine that utilizes two FEAC PC-116-24 controllers used for position monitoring and output to an OMORM CQM1 PLC. I did...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been struggling to find information about this, even though it feels like it shouldn't be that hard. I'm working on upgrading an hoist...
Replies
Views
I am looking for different solution on controlling a pneumatic Cylinder move at preset positions. One of the solutions is to use 5 magnetic...
Replies
Views
I have 5 x Powerflex 755 drives to position control in a non motion controller. Would anyone be able to point me to some links or sample...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom