Power Supply Charging for remote PLC

dburnum

I have a remote PLC (Micro800) that is doing some temperature monitoring and reporting on hourly intervals via ModbusTCP to our DCS. It will be used intermittently and most likely shut down during evening hours. There is no utility power near its intended use are, so I was thinking of powering it from SLA batteries on a "rolling cart".
While the system does only pull 0.2A @24VDC, I plan to put a small solar panel of 15-20w to help keep batteries charged and would like to also be able to wheel the cart to an outlet, to also be able to charge batteries if the need arises.
My issue is trying to source a small 24VDC battery charger that can accept input from a solar array and/or from 120VAC and will satisfactorily monitor the battery charge.
I usually don't put together remote systems like this and am curious about what others may have done in the past. Any ideas on a possible charging system that is small/robust?

0.2A 24VDC sounds like light duty for a laptop charger.

It should never be connected to, in parallel with, etc. the solar charger, as @mobil1syn says.

Since this is being wheeled around to charge from the mains, one plug from the laptop charger, one plug from the solar charger, and one jack to take one or the other should do the job.