Powerflex 753 drive overload fault

Keith, I think you are describing the Marathon BLACK Max motor. The Blue Max is fan cooled. I don't recall if the fans are shaft driven or are separately powered. Probably should check the load/speed curve at 4.5hz.

You are correct. I got hung up on the 20HP from the initial post. But ut is clear he is talking about the 25HP.

The Blue Max in that HP comes either TEFC or TEBC. If it is TEFC that may be a problem. If it is TEBC there is no problem. Elijah58, you should probably check that.

Keith

You are correct. I got hung up on the 20HP from the initial post. But ut is clear he is talking about the 25HP.

The Blue Max in that HP comes either TEFC or TEBC. If it is TEFC that may be a problem. If it is TEBC there is no problem. Elijah58, you should probably check that.

Keith

It is a TENV. here is the name plate info. Motor is pretty warm at the moment. oh and I made a mistake, it is a 20hp motor and 25hp drive.
Eli

IMG_0409_zpsv95th0xi.jpg

Last edited:
You should be OK. People are often surprised by how hot a motor can get before it is really in danger, if you trust the ratings that is.

If you look at the nameplate you will see two temperature numbers. One is the ambient temperature the motor is rated to operate in. That is 40 deg C, which is fairly typical. The other is the rated temperature rise, which is listed at 90 deg C. That is the amount the temperature can be expected to increase above rated ambient at rated load. Based on the values on the nameplate that would mean this motor could get up to 130 deg C before you exceed its rating.

This is a quick write-up about motor temperature rise and what it means:

http://ecmweb.com/content/hot-issue-motor-temperature-ratings

Keith

Marathon must have changed its product offerings lately. I had always considered the Black Max line to be the TENV motors up to 30hp and the Blue Max to be TEBC/TEFC inverter duty motors with extended turndown ratios but not TENV.

I've never seen a Marathon nameplate like that