PowerFlex 753 - I uploaded a similar drive application,I would like to download to753

Rob S.

Good Evening ,

I have a PowerFlex 753 that I need to replace . There will be a 20-750-S and a 20-750-ENETR installed . I uploaded a similar drive , and would like to download this to the new drive. Do you think I would have any issues downloading to this other drive ? I guess I would need to change the IP Address in the uploaded ( similar drive ) in the 20-750-ENETR parameters , correct ? I am using CCW . I took notice that in the top right corner there is Ethernet path with the IP Address . After clicking on that , there is an option to clear the path. Do you folks have any thoughts or procedures that you would recommend ?

Thanks so much for your help .

I've had issues with PF 753 and 755 parameter files due to firmware, as in the backup was a prior firmware revision to the new drive. At least if you have a backup you know what the previous parameters were and can program the new drive to function as the old. The 750 series are great, versatile drives, but they can be a headache...

I've had issues with PF 753 and 755 parameter files due to firmware, as in the backup was a prior firmware revision to the new drive. At least if you have a backup you know what the previous parameters were and can program the new drive to function as the old. The 750 series are great, versatile drives, but they can be a headache...
Yep, the firmware versions must match. You can look at the Firmware Rev on the one you are copying and hopefully make the new one match, but if the age is vastly different, there may have been hardware changes that might affect it. You can check it yourself here, or call AB Drives Tech Support and ask, that's what I do.

Last edited:
Thanks. The old drive and project are 11 , and the new drive is 13.002. I tried using " Match Drive" but that procedure failed . The software recommended " Create Database " . That procedure allowed me select 13.002 . I guess the next step is to download the program tomorrow morning .