Print An HMI Screenshot?

greenplcguy

I want to be able to print the HMI screen to a local inkjet printer. Would I need an industrial PC for this? If not, how would I make that interface happen? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Open to suggestion. Inexpensive option preferred. Here's what I'm trying to do: Build a test station for on/off valves with couple DI's and couple DO's maybe an AI and AO later for modulating ones. Stroke valves and generate a report with stroke time and time/date stamp. Be able to add serial numbers of components. Print the report on paper. I have an AB PICO controller laying around. Maybe it could be used?

Something to think about. HMI screens are made so that they are easy to read by humans, they don't necessarily look good if you print them out. It might be better to have one screen that the human looks at and a different layout for what gets printed.

A lot of HMIs give just that facility, sometimes called 'graphic format' and 'text format'. Text screen are much easier for a printer to print, the HMI sends out ASCII data over a serial interface, often RS232. Using RS232 means you don't need any special HMI or any special printer.

Web search for 'RS232 printer'