Probably a really simple solution

SonicClang

I've searched for this and I can't find anything on it. That leads me to believe that either the answer doesn't exist (highly unlikely) or it's such a simple solution that no one who knows anything about PLC code dare asks. Well, I don't know much about PLC code. I've always had someone handling that end while I work on the interface in RsView. But our PLC guy is so busy lately with projects that he doesn't have time to help me. So, please, be nice. I know the basics, and took a semester of this in college (10 years ago), but I've never really had to put all the pieces. I understand relay logic and ladder code.

We're running SLC 5/05's.

I want to set a bit low, B3:0/15, when a string, ST9:7, gets a new value. I also want to clear ST9:5 at the same time. Then when B3:0/15 goes high I want to clear ST9:5 and ST9:7.

I'm working on a project right now where an operator will scan a barcode when he starts a new batch. The number he's scanning is the batch number, created and assigned by the QA department.

The barcode scanner is connected to a serial gateway, which sends the data to the PLC, address ST9:5. That string only goes into ST9:7 if B3:0/15 is high. This is because I just know that the operator is going to mess around and scan random barcodes just to see what will happen. If their machine is in process, I don't want the batch number to change. I've programmed the scanner to only accept code 39, and only if it's 14 characters long. But there's still a chance they could find a barocde that fits that cirteria.

It would give me a great sense of accomplishment if I could do this entire project myself. I'm glad I found this website because now I actually feel that I could do it with your help.